|Financial Databases and Research|
IN two previous posts I have shown how you can use Microsoft Access to remove duplicate company identifiers from a large download and how to do the same in Microsoft Excel 2003 using the If function in combination with the auto filter function.
In Microsoft Excel 2007 this has become even easier using the following steps:
1) Copy the column of codes to a new worksheet
2) Click the tab Data
3) Select the column with duplicate identifiers
4) In the Tab click the option "Remove Duplicates"
5) Click the button OK
If you use excel a lot for gathering and analysing data it could be a good idea to check ou the Youtube channel on Excel. This and many other Excel tips, functions etc. are explained and demonstrated there in over 1000 short movies:
Author information: LinkedIn
12:18 AM - 28 June 2011
This weblog will deal with all kinds of tips and tricks on the use of several financial databases.
--- International Statistics
--- SDC Platinum
--- S&P Indexes
- Announcement: New Blog
- International Human Development Indicators
- Global Reporting Initiative
- WorldScope company coverage update
- World Bank Commodity Prices - update November 2011
--- NYSE Euronext
--- Finabase Blog
--- VU Law Blogspot